Wednesday, April 15, 2015

How Luna got into Tarot

I've been exposed to Tarot a LOT actually. I've seen it in passing on shows, movies and even played a VERY important role in a video game I LOVED as a teen. Yet, in all those times, I've never had the interest in pursuing it in any shape or form. Never had the compulsion to search about it and learn about it.

But one day, I was reading this random little short story on Reddit as I do regularly. The story wasn't even that good. Not compared to a handful of other stories I've read on the site, but the thing is... The protagonist mentioned knowing a medium, a psychic, that read palms and Tarot cards... And then it was like something missing was finally found.

Once I read the words "Tarot" I thought to myself.... What were those things? So I went onto trusty Google Search and read up all I could about 'em! I finally realized that I've seen these and read about them and even played a video game about them!

I fell deeper and deeper into the Rabbit Hole known as Tarot.
I fell in love with the Art, the Symbolism, the History and the Lessons it has taught me.

Nearly a year later and 20-Odd decks in my possession and I still love it more than I did 8 months ago and more than I did yesterday. There's so much to learn and experience with Tarot. I can't wait! C:

[I did this in response to the Group Tarot Together and I'm loving this group! Really helps prompts me in my writings. So thank you everyone!]